Venue: Embassy of India, Moscow.
- The newly elected GB & MC members had an introduction meeting with the DCM Mr. B. S. Pradhan at the Embassy on Tuesday, the 20th August ‘19.
- Secretary Ms. Sujatha Rajagopal introduced all GB & MC members to the DCM and briefed him on the activities and role of IBA in Moscow. She also underlined that the Ambassador was the patron of IBA and the DCM was the advisory Body of the IBA.
- GB & MC members proposed that a meeting between the Embassy and IBA be conducted once every quarter, for closer cooperation. In this regard, it was proposed that the Senior Vice President Mr. Rajagopalan will be liaising with the Embassy from the IBA’s side.
- It was requested that the IBA be informed about business delegations from India, which will provide a platform for interaction and exchange of ideas with the delegations, for mutual benefit.
- It was requested to use the DP Dhār hall for IBA’s seminars and meetings from time to time and the DCM benevolently agreed to allow use of the same, as long as it did not conflict with use of the hall for Embassy events.
- The DCM Mr. Pradhan discussed the target of increasing trade between Indian and Russia by 3 times over the next couple of years and the bottlenecks that needed to be overcome for facilitating the same. In this respect, he suggested that IBA come up with a specific list of challenges faced by various business sectors of the Indian diaspora, in order to address and to find solutions to the same.
- As a first step, a meeting with the Commercial Indo Bank was scheduled for Tuesday, the 27th August at D. P. Dhar hall.
- GB & MC members also requested DCM to organize a meeting with Russian customs officials in the near future, for interaction with Indian businessmen.
- IBA informed Mr. Pradhan about the upcoming Indo-Russian Business Dialogue and invited him to be a part of the event.
GB & MC members also touched upon the challenges faced with respect to the Indian School and requested for an update on the status of the School building. The DCM is aware of the issues faced, and promised to brief the GB&MC about the school at the next meeting.