Foreign workers with Temporary Residence Permit or RVP: what will change from November 1, 2019.
Possibilities: From November 1, 2019, the issuance of a residence permit in Russia will be indefinite, as well as for some categories of foreign citizens the issuance of temporary residence permits is simplified.
Risks: If the foreigner does not confirm his residence in the Russian Federation in a timely manner, his residence permit will be cancelled.
From November 1, 2019, the procedure for obtaining a residence permit (hereinafter – GNW) and a temporary residence permit (hereinafter – RVP) for certain categories of foreigners is simplified. Amendments were made by Federal Law No. 257-ФЗ dated 02.08.2019.
Acquisition of GNW
Since 1 November 2019, the circle of foreigners who can obtain a residence permit without a temporary residence permit has been expanding.
Such foreign nationals include, inter alia:
– Foreigners born in the territory of the RSFSR and who had in the past the citizenship of the USSR,
Foreigners with a parent, son or daughter who have Russian citizenship and permanently reside in Russia;
Foreigners recognized as Russian speakers;
– Foreigners deported from the territory of the Crimean ASSR and their relatives in a direct line;
CCS foreigners working in Russia and members of their families;
– Foreigners who work in Russia for at least six months in a profession (specialty, position) included in a special list of professions (specialty, position). At the same time, during the specified period of work in respect of such alien, the employer must be charged insurance contributions to the RPF of the Russian Federation;
– Foreigners who graduated from the Russian university with distinction.
In addition, an indefinite residence permit is introduced. The exception is the issuance of GNW to highly qualified specialists and members of their families – for the duration of the work permit. However, the GNW will be cancelled, in particular, if the territorial bodies of the Ministry of Internal Affairs do not notify the foreign citizen of the confirmation of their residence in the Russian Federation continuously during any two calendar years after its receipt. According to the new rules, an alien permanently residing in the Russian Federation is obliged to notify the Ministry of Internal Affairs within two months from the date of expiration of the next year from the date of receipt of the GNW. It will be possible to submit a notification electronically, but after each fifth year the notification is submitted only in person.
There are also cases where the GNW is to be replaced.
The state duty for the issuance and replacement of GNW will also increase from 3,500 to 5,000 rubles (Federal Law No.258-FZ dated 02.08.2019).
As of November 1, 2019, RVP will be issued without taking into account the quota approved by the Government of the Russian Federation, in particular, to the following categories of foreign citizens:
Citizens of Ukraine permanently resident in the territory of Ukraine and recognized as refugees or granted temporary asylum in Russia;
– Foreigners born in Russia or married to citizens of the Russian Federation (the spouse must live in Russia);
– Foreigners investing in the Russian economy to the extent determined by the Government of the Russian Federation;
Foreigners who have entered the military service and participants in the programme for the resettlement of compatriots;
– Citizens of the states that were part of the USSR and were educated in Russian state education.
For all categories of applicants, the period of consideration of applications for the extradition of RVP is reduced from 6 to 4 months.
For the full text of the document, refer to Atp Consultant Plus.